Monday 10 November 2014

Review : Caffebene (Sunway)

So today I'm going to talk about caffebene!
I've been to caffebene for like, thousand times already. (no, not really)
But I never really got the chance to review it, because of times and obstacle. (EXCUSES!)

Anyway, I think the signature dish of this cafe has got to be their bingsu, as most of the people here ordered that. //and their waffles//
There's 6 flavors of bingsu here. Patbingsu (the tradisional korean bingsu), coffee, oreo, green tea, strawberry and the special edition, choco devil bingsu. They all range by RM12.80 for a single scoop except for choco devil which is about RM28++
I actually tried all of them so I'm going to review them one by one.

My favorite is actually choco devil bingsu, it's taste like heaven! I SWEAR TO GOD.
But I made a mistakes of eating it alone and i only ate the topping and some of the ice. It's just that big. (that's what she said)
Choco devil bingsu is basically layers of shaved chocalate flavor's ice with some chocolate sauce in between and topped with some brownie and ice cream. (just writing this made me hungry)
I don't think this need any description anymore, JUST ORDER IT.

The next one is going to be my least favorite one, strawberry bingsu.
We were really excited to eat this because it's the last flavors we haven't taste and we took a bite.
UM EW NO.
I mean it's eatable but it taste really bad, at least for us.
For me, it taste like they freeze the strawberry for so long and it gone bad but they're like "meh"
My two friends said that it kinda taste like kimchi (which i totally disagreed) probably because it's sour.
You know those strawberry jam where they put a lot of sugar in it and all you can taste is "SWEEEEET", if you like them, then this is for you.


Now we're going to talk about coffee bingsu.
Coffee isn't really my cup of tea, (see the jokes?!??!? hehe) but this isn't actually that bad.
The coffee flavors isn't that strong but it's tasteful enough for coffee lover.
A good bingsu to eat while you talk about something serious or just discuss about world problem for some reason.
(please ignore my face)



I think oreo bingsu is the first bingsu that I tried. Yup.
It was after the chaotic kwangsoo's fansign. (read here) And although I swear on the name of food (omg im sorry), that I would never step in caffebene again, I did, just a few minutes after I made that swear lol.
The orea bingsu taste okay for me, it's a good okay but still okay lol.
The bad things is that afterwards you'll taste this sticky aftermath in your mouth, it's bearable but not pleasant.
 beside is patbingsu

GREEN TEA BINGSU. NOW.
My friends and I made a joke among ourselves, that we'll give green tea patbingsu to whoever we hate because it taste bland, and kinda bad.
I think it's not really that bad after tasting the strawberry but the joke still remain.
It just taste like green tea. You know, healthy stuff.

And last but not least is patbingsu. It basically just means red bean bingsu.
Out of all 5 normal flavor, this could be my favorite, just because. Nah.
The cereal and red bean actually nice together.
It's just a tad sweet so it's not overwhelming.
I think they put some sweet milk in it but I'm not sure.


So the bingsu is done.
Now I'm going to review some other random stuff I tried before.

Cream cheese gelato could be my favorite things from caffebene! Oh my god, it's just so creamy and the cheese is there but not overwhelming at all.
My friend said that it's too bland for her but I absolutely love this!


Affogato for me is a no no.
Because one, I DISLIKE COFFEE. Not hate, dislike.
The espresso here in caffebene is too strong for me, even anna said that it's too strong. AND SHE LOVE COFFEE.


And lastly, walnut waffle with strawberry gelato on top.
The waffle is nice but totally too expensive, i mean, RM12 for a waffle that small?! Urm no.
I'm just not that rich.
The ice cream is okay. Meh, okay. But still very expensive for a gelato on a waffle for me.


That shall be all from me now!
I hope this will help you in somewhere.
See ya next time

Till the next adventure,
Sasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment